WXN is a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where high performance is the expectation. Our team is young, energetic and highly educated. WXN strives to meet and surpass the expectations of our members and partners. As such we place strong emphasis on individual accountability and continual process improvement. WXN is equally committed to investing in our team to help them grow in pace with the organization. We create and deliver customized training and development opportunities to help our team meet their personal and professional objectives. WXN is located in the heart of Yorkville, at Bloor and Avenue Road.
MARKETING & EVENTS INTERN
At WXN we inspire smart women to lead. WXN creates and delivers innovative networking, mentoring, professional and personal development to inspire and applaud our community of smart women and their organizations in the pursuit of excellence.
Building on 14 years of strong growth and success, WXN is seeking a dedicated, hard working individual to join the team as a Marketing & Events Intern. You will be reporting to the Director, Events & Operations and will spend most of your time providing support to the marketing team which includes administrative support, conducting research, engaging in media calls, and creating external materials for WXN programs and our sister company the Canadian Board Diversity Council.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Conducting general research (e.g. sourcing contact information, researching background for key speakers and contacts, chasing bios and confirming speakers etc.)
- Support the coordination and execution of CBDC Education Program events.
- Drafting and editing external materials (e.g. speaking notes, promotional materials e-vites etc.)
- Responsible for providing general administrative support as requested.
- Available to work flexible hours when necessary in order to meet Women’s Executive Network business requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A High level of technical skills in MS Office and database management;
- High level of proficiency using internet applications;
- Editing, writing and proofreading skills;
- Creative writing skills an asset;
- Excellent communications skills – interpersonal, telephone;
- Ability to be highly customer-focused and responsive;
- Ability to retain composure and focus in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and project management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, balance continuous demands, prioritize projects/events and meet deadlines;
- Avid user of various social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr;
- Knowledge of Google Analytics;
- Exposure to blogging and microblogging;
- Keen eye for web design; and,
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Successful candidates will be compensated with a weekly stipend of $250.
Candidates must be able to commit to a 16 week internship (with potential for an extension.)
Please send your résumé to the attention of the Director, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WXN is an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability in accordance with applicable Provincial laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.